The Australian Breast Device Registry (ABDR) is coordinated centrally at Monash University’s Alfred Campus (Melbourne). The Steering Committee, which is comprised of representatives from stakeholders, provides strategic direction and oversees successful delivery of the project. The ABDR Management Committee oversees day-to-day operations and reports to the Steering Committee. Monash University is custodian of the ABDR data.
ABDR Steering Committee Membership
The ABDR Steering Committee representative from key stakeholders with an interest in registry outcomes and is responsible for the overall conduct and successful delivery of the project.
Monash University, School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine (DEPM) – www.monash.edu.au
Department of Health (Federal) – www.health.gov.au
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) – www.tga.gov.au
Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) – www.plasticsurgery.org.au
Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and Medicine (ACCSM) – www.accsm.org.au
Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand (BreastSurgANZ) – www.breastsurganz.org
Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) – www.mtaa.org.au
Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF) – https://chf.org.au/
Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) – www.safetyandquality.gov.au
ABDR Management Committee Membership
The ABDR Management Committee oversees day-to-day operations of the project.
- A/Prof Gillian Farrell, representing the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Mr Patrick Tansley, representing the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and Medicine (ACCSM)
- Miss Melanie Walker, representing Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand (BreastSurgANZ)
- Prof Susannah Ahern, Monash University, Head of the Registry Science and Research Program, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine (DEPM)
- Dr Dilinie Herbert, Monash University, Research Manager (ABDR)